- Electrical conversion and generation, power converters and generators
- Software, control and sensors; electronics, control devices
- Mechanical engineering, gearbox, gears and drive train
- Manufacturing process, material handling and automation
- Composites, blades, and nacelle covers
For each of the key research focus areas of interest typically identified by wind energy firms, we have summarized specific strengths of each university, along with areas of research expertise, and special facilities and centers of excellence.